Teenagers nowadays
To add on to my previous posting on the teenagers these days...
Noticed that not only do the youngsters (makes myself sound so old...) get into relationships earlier and easier, and do all the things that you think they never know about, it seems to me that same-gender relationships are getting pretty common too. I swear that every 10 pairs of teenage pairs I met (ie 2 persons), at least 1 pair is same-gender (usually lesbians). I swear! Is it that guys are getting rare, or they make lousy boyfriends that many gals are turning lesbians?
A few weeks back when I was at Esplanade, I saw three gals together. I couldn't believe my ears when my friend said that 2 of them kissed. And so, we 'spied' on the group and indeed, the gals kissed and blah blah blah. And they were like 13-15 years old. When I told my colleague, she said that was common.!!!???!!! Am I getting outdated or what? I myself grew up in a all-girls' school didn't find that particularly common, let alone in public.
That's not a case alone. I've seen gals holding hands (ok. holding hands may not mean anything). I've seen gals having their hands round waists or shoulders. I've seen them kissing and pecking on cheeks. I've seen them act like a boy-gal couple would. I've seen...
Argh!
Am I supposed to be thankful that my sis has lots of guys liking her (more than 20 the last time she counted, for the 3 years she's been in sec sch) that lesbian-ism does not seem likely for her?
Then again, since I lived across a lesbian couple during my uni days, and a few couples living on the same floor, maybe I should be used to such.
But I'm not.
I'm thankful my good pals are all heterosexual. I won't know how to face the situation if not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home