What about life?

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Updates finally!

All right. I'm just suddenly in the mood for blogging. Guess I was rather relaxed these days, thus finding the time to blog.
 
Hmmm, where shall I start? Let's go with the 'things I did' style.
 
Last weekend met up with jc mates. Nope, not the whole class (as usual) but the same bunch of gals that's been meeting, with the addition of YL who's back from US. Had worked on that Sat and was late for dinner. It was surprising that our senior class had a mini gathering (only a few turned up) at the same restaurant, but as it was so long since we last met them, and we weren't exactly close in the first place, there wasn't any conversations or such. Back to my bunch of friends. It was great seeing the best pals every few months, just to see how everyone's been. Not that we all are that close,  but I must say they are the ones who enriched my jc life, and have so far been steady friends. It's a time when everyone's starting to work, or either that, pursuing honours or masters. One sad thing was despite the small bunch we were already in, we broke into smaller groups of 2 or 3 to chat, so wasn't exactly able to grasp hold of what everyone has been doing. After the meal it was a walk up Orchard Rd. The Xmas lightings aren't exactly fantastic this year and being a weekend, the place was really crowded. That aside, it was a nice meet-up :)
 
Shall try very hard not to blog abt work (else I'm turning work in a big part of my life). But today I actually woke at 630am (which is like a never-do-anymore thing since uni days). The last time I did that was beginning of this year, when I had to be at office at 730am. The last last time I did it was... hmmm.. quite far back... maybe jc sch days (don't really recall doing it during uni days). And today  was an early day cuz of work again. Took me more than an hour to get to the ULU Pandan to audit a stocktake. By cab, mind you. It cost more than $25 (they better let me claim the fare). And I thought Sg was supposed to be small and efficient. Apparently that's not the case. It takes me exactly the same time to travel from where I stayed (on the top of some mountain) to town area in NZ, and that's like a distance at least three times further! Anyway, the cab driver was really nice. As I didn't know where exactly was the warehouse that I was supposed to be in, and my 'dear' asst mgr did not give me any contact, I told him to bring me to the main lobby. Paid him and went in, but receptionist wasn't at work yet. After minutes of knocking on the glass door of the office beside, I found out from a lady that I was at the wrong place. And all this while, the cab was still outside, just in case I went to the wrong place. So the uncle drove me to where the lady said, but we still couldn't find it. I searched around, and he, being in late fifties, braved the rain to ask the guardhouse guy where my warehouse is. I mean, where the warehouse I'm supposed to go, is. Negative reply. So I told the driver to leave, while I'll do the search, since it can't be too far off as we're in the right location. The most was drenched by rain. So off I went in search, climbing up to second storey. And found the office! Just in case the uncle was still waiting, I went downstairs to check, and indeed. He had parked his car in a dry spot, locked his doors, and came in to check that I found the place. How many nice cab drivers you've met like this one? It was indeed heart-warming (particularly in the cold heavy rain weather)!
 
All right. Time to sleep to recoup the lack last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home