Double rainbow
It started to drizzle as I reached the bus-stop this morning. The bus had just left. I looked into the sky and saw the rainbow :) Been so long since I saw one. Back then in nz, rainbows were a common occurence which happened a few times a day during the rainy season. Then I recalled that someone had wrote in the papers once to show the photo he took of a rainbow. That time, the description to the photo was that the rainbow looked really pretty. Back then, I was like laughing out loud, thinking how could that be nice when there was HDB flats in the background, and it was less than a half-rainbow? I recalled the times when I saw full rainbow, across the vast pale blue sky, with nothing blocking. Just the seven colours and the pale blue sky. That WAS pretty. But I guess it was rare for Singaporeans to see rainbows here. So back to today. I saw the 3/4 rainbow, with no HDB flats in the background and somehow understood the feeling of the Chinese saying 雨过天晴 (ie sky after the rain). It did lift the otherwise down mood of mine for moments. Then as the bus slowly appeared in the distance, I looked at the sky again, and saw the double rainbow. Now that IS rare in Singapore. In nz, double rainbows was still common and I've got photos of them. But in Singapore, think I hardly saw any before (though I can't exactly recall if there was any when I was a kid). It wasn't 2 full rainbows. It was a 3/4 and a 1/2. But still, it's rare enough for me who has been rather oblivious to my surroundings recently. Though for the rest of the day, I didn't exactly feel good, it was better as compared to when I first woke.
To search for more rainbows in the day (figuratively or physically).
To search for more rainbows in the day (figuratively or physically).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home