Breakout
I watched the Korean extreme comedy, Breakout! It was wonderful wonderful wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very good dancers, including 1 guy with 6 pack. Very good linkage to all scenes. Very good choreography. Most importantly, very very (to the power of infinity) funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I enjoyed myself fully!!!!!! Never have I laughed so heartily (and loudly) in public; never have I watched such an entertaining performance. From the start to the end, I was 110% entertained.
This was despite:
1) I had bought the ticket in a haste (just because I felt like watching musicals/performances at that time). In normal circumstances, I probably would have skipped the show.
2) It was not in a genre of performance that I would watch usually (breakdance).
3) I nearly did not want to go for the show. But it cost quite some $$$ and so went along. Thinking I may be late for the show, I took a bus (which was a wrong one) and ended up walking further. By the time I reached Esplanade, it was announced that the show was going to start in 6 minutes time.
4) It felt a bit weird to enter the theatre alone, particularly on this V-day eve. If not, it's bunches and bunches of teenagers.
BUT...
The show was really good! The audience was great! This was one of the few times whereby I see the theatre packed. From the first level to the circles, all the seats were packed. And the audience was wonderful too. I've went to so many performances (minus those dance competitions), and I felt today's audience was really responsive. They applaused and cheered at the right times, and many times too. Maybe the teenage crowd is a factor.
BUT (again)...
It may be due to the prolonged period of time that I underwent stress at work that even the minimal entertainment would prove to create more than enough endorphines for me. It could also be that subconsciously I am trying to believe that the $41 was well-spent? Or that the guy who sat in front of me offered me the booklet he bought put a good start to the show? Perhaps it was the fact that it was a Friday?
Still...
I think the show was terrific! I was grinning ear to ear after the show. For a long time, I have not felt so relaxed and happy. I even walked back to office to pick up the laptop so I can blog about it! (But as the distance towards the office got shorter, the happiness coefficient went down too). When I got back to office, I kept telling my staff over and over again how great the performance was (that she said I was crazy). I even u-tubed for relevant video. Talk about being crazy.
So today's performance has taught me:
1) to go home early on Friday because that feeling of going off for the weekend is great.
2) to search for more entertaining shows to go to despite the high prices. Some shows are really worth it.
3) to laugh heartily more =)
It's such a great show!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home