Was in Boon Lay area the other day and so paid the canteen vendor in alma mater that I've always visited everyday. Haven't seen them for 5 years, but lively still they were. There was much change to the face of campus but for the better I believe. Seems to have 2 buses instead of 1 slow 179. After chats with the vendors and friends who were in campus, dropped by the Jurong Point mall. Used to visit it every weekend back then. It is now gigantic! With the extensions, the mall is basically alike a JB mall, large and filled with stores. Even the ntuc supermart was fun to shop in! Lucky hostelites nowadays!
That day, I got home early (7pm or so). It is rare that I can see the bright daylight on my way home. Normally, even if I was off work early, and did not have any appointment, it was a bit dark when I got home. But that day, the sun was still high up, and this evoked some pure happiness. It was actually great to be home early. But to do that, it meant I have to be at work early, which means I have to wake really early. That's something I haven't been able to do ever since I was in uni. Somehow the body just refuses to wake early, but surely it can be done? It's all in the mind, my brother always say. But for the next few days, other than the consecutive day, I haven't been able to keep to waking early. Getting old? Gambatte ne.
That day, I got home early (7pm or so). It is rare that I can see the bright daylight on my way home. Normally, even if I was off work early, and did not have any appointment, it was a bit dark when I got home. But that day, the sun was still high up, and this evoked some pure happiness. It was actually great to be home early. But to do that, it meant I have to be at work early, which means I have to wake really early. That's something I haven't been able to do ever since I was in uni. Somehow the body just refuses to wake early, but surely it can be done? It's all in the mind, my brother always say. But for the next few days, other than the consecutive day, I haven't been able to keep to waking early. Getting old? Gambatte ne.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home