Opposition
The opposition seems to take a good victory at Malaysia's elections over the weekend. Normally I wouldn't bother but since the media coverage was spread across so many pages, I perused through. I wondered if an opposition win would ever be possible in this red dot country of ours. With the many walkovers, and the various 'tactics' that are used by the ruling party, I doubt so.
Then there's the usual lamenting (is the word used in this manner, Adigal?) about taxi drivers, taxi fare increases and the most recent ruling, to pick up only at taxi stands. It is quite a bad idea, particularly for the corporate employees who take a lot of cabs, as well as those hotels and restaurants with no private driveways. Last night, when it took me and my colleague more than 20 minutes to get a cab (despite waiting at the taxi stand), she was telling me about how other countries do not have booking fees, even for advance booking. We agreed with each other that the operators should scrap booking fees and market forces will mean the call centre costs will be inbuilt into the fares. Good idea?
Enough about news. Managed to meet up with 'smart boy' today for lunch. Been more than a year since I last met him. One of the few people from uni who I still keep in contact with. Partially because he's on my msn list. So even though you don't meet up with these people, if you do chat with them now and then, it seems you are still updated on their lives. And he is one person who I must keep in touch because he really helped me a lot, both in school and at work.
And I spent yet another $50+ today on books. I realised I'm turning into one of those office-ladies who spends a lot. Imagine me who will never spend more than $20 on a book (except for really good books) paying $56 at 1 shot for 2 books. Spendthrift!!! Hopefully the book will be useful...
Now to think of possible ways to make use of my new running shoes...
Then there's the usual lamenting (is the word used in this manner, Adigal?) about taxi drivers, taxi fare increases and the most recent ruling, to pick up only at taxi stands. It is quite a bad idea, particularly for the corporate employees who take a lot of cabs, as well as those hotels and restaurants with no private driveways. Last night, when it took me and my colleague more than 20 minutes to get a cab (despite waiting at the taxi stand), she was telling me about how other countries do not have booking fees, even for advance booking. We agreed with each other that the operators should scrap booking fees and market forces will mean the call centre costs will be inbuilt into the fares. Good idea?
Enough about news. Managed to meet up with 'smart boy' today for lunch. Been more than a year since I last met him. One of the few people from uni who I still keep in contact with. Partially because he's on my msn list. So even though you don't meet up with these people, if you do chat with them now and then, it seems you are still updated on their lives. And he is one person who I must keep in touch because he really helped me a lot, both in school and at work.
And I spent yet another $50+ today on books. I realised I'm turning into one of those office-ladies who spends a lot. Imagine me who will never spend more than $20 on a book (except for really good books) paying $56 at 1 shot for 2 books. Spendthrift!!! Hopefully the book will be useful...
Now to think of possible ways to make use of my new running shoes...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home