Spending power increase = spending increase
Went in search of the running shoes. Thought RSH would have it but that branch only had men's styles. The sales personnel said the lady's styles was in Century Sq next door, but I couldn't find it. Went into Puma, Fila, Adidas stores but somehow the price didn't look comfortable. Finally, decided to try my luck at Bata. When I was younger, I loved Bata shoes because the soles were the best. Those green soles could let you stop in time with a screeching sound. Super good brakes, me and my siblings called it. But of course, I wasn't going to get white school shoes. If there was a possibility of wearing that, I don't mind though. But being the corporate run whereby you have your bosses, fellow colleagues, your team mates all alongside, it didn't look exactly right. There were only a few lady's styles and from New Balance. If not, there was the brand Power but it didn't look catered to ladies. This friendly shop assistant (very good service!) came forward to offer some help. Usually I would brush the help off unless I really thought through what I want to ask. But she looked quite sincere so I asked if there was some pair that didn't have such a thick sole. I like my shoes wrapped around my feet. She then looked and asked what size I wear. 5 was the answer. She then pointed at the kids style and ask if I mind. Of course I didn't! It would be cheaper mah. And it fitted! Everything that I wanted, broad at toes, hug the feet, not high sole was there. All except the colour was pink. I didn't like that. I like my shoes dark in colour. But the blue one looked too ugly. She herself recommended the pink one. So I was ready to pay when I saw this black pair of shoes under some inferior brandname. I asked to try it. It cost only $25. Best of all, it was black. (Just realised 90% of ALL my shoes are black). It fitted, and I was so tempted by the black colour. But in the end, I still got the NB pair because that really was more comfortable and gives better grip. There goes my $60.
And because I haven't been in TM recently, I took a walk around. There are so many new food courts. I thought there was a Times bookstore but there wasn't anymore. Had thought of getting a book. The metro has closed down to BHG and I ended up buying a shirt. Was tempted to buy soe shirts at g2000 but too expensive. I need some good fitting shirts! Where to get? And I need some good polo tees too.
I'm such a spendthrift. Argh!
And because I haven't been in TM recently, I took a walk around. There are so many new food courts. I thought there was a Times bookstore but there wasn't anymore. Had thought of getting a book. The metro has closed down to BHG and I ended up buying a shirt. Was tempted to buy soe shirts at g2000 but too expensive. I need some good fitting shirts! Where to get? And I need some good polo tees too.
I'm such a spendthrift. Argh!

1 Comments:
At 3:10 AM ,
Anonymous said...
Haha, dun worry, compared to me, you're not a spendthrift at all! Btw I really forgot that there were adidas and Puma shops. So used to getting my stuff from the more generic sports shops like Sportslink (last time Century got *sigh*) that it never crossed my mind that boutique shops are available now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home