To net it off
The bad incident below was net off with the following (even though these happened before that cab incident):
1. My best staff was back from another client place to help me with this one I'm at. Feel more assured with my "right-hand man" back.
2. Somehow during dinner, my staff said out of sheer teasing that the team has met with being complained about by client under my leadership. I told her she can question my technical expertise but not my organisational skills. Then she commented that actually I have really good organisational skills :) and that I should be as I do, take pride in that :)))
3. My long-time friend who works somewhere near london drops me a msn message and says she met her friend who's my acquaintance. Ha. Such a small world. Then she told me to get a job in london so we could all meet up. Which I am trying to get. She was so happy (so was I). Hopefully I get my opportunity.
4. Bumped into another long-time friend at dinner. Rather, longest-time friend. He saw me first I think, and kept blocking my way. Me and colleague turned kind of irritated at this guy who was blocking the way. Then I realised it was him. Ha. Too tall and not as easily recognisable. I mean, after all these years, somehow, my image of him was still the primary school look. It's surprising he actually could recognise me despite we guys meet like annually, and that my hair is cut short compared to last time. We had a few minutes chat. Funnily, after dinner, when I went to get drinks from the convenience stall nearby, we bumped into each other again. Such a coincidence hor. And he was surprised when I told him his good friend used to be my good friend back in jc times. It's such a small world indeed. I always feel good when I meet these long-time friends. Perhaps time has somehow made the ties closer.
Now, that should be enough to make me not think of the mean driver and get a good sleep.
1. My best staff was back from another client place to help me with this one I'm at. Feel more assured with my "right-hand man" back.
2. Somehow during dinner, my staff said out of sheer teasing that the team has met with being complained about by client under my leadership. I told her she can question my technical expertise but not my organisational skills. Then she commented that actually I have really good organisational skills :) and that I should be as I do, take pride in that :)))
3. My long-time friend who works somewhere near london drops me a msn message and says she met her friend who's my acquaintance. Ha. Such a small world. Then she told me to get a job in london so we could all meet up. Which I am trying to get. She was so happy (so was I). Hopefully I get my opportunity.
4. Bumped into another long-time friend at dinner. Rather, longest-time friend. He saw me first I think, and kept blocking my way. Me and colleague turned kind of irritated at this guy who was blocking the way. Then I realised it was him. Ha. Too tall and not as easily recognisable. I mean, after all these years, somehow, my image of him was still the primary school look. It's surprising he actually could recognise me despite we guys meet like annually, and that my hair is cut short compared to last time. We had a few minutes chat. Funnily, after dinner, when I went to get drinks from the convenience stall nearby, we bumped into each other again. Such a coincidence hor. And he was surprised when I told him his good friend used to be my good friend back in jc times. It's such a small world indeed. I always feel good when I meet these long-time friends. Perhaps time has somehow made the ties closer.
Now, that should be enough to make me not think of the mean driver and get a good sleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home