Can't sleep
At this hour that I should be sleeping, I'm actually up here blogging! Why I should be sleeping - considering I've been working late for past few weeks, and till midnight for everyday of this week, I definitely can do with some good sleep. Not forgetting that I don't have to work tomorrow. Yet the very reason that I've worked late means my body clock not exactly tuned to sleep now. Think I can only turn in at around 1am. Hope everything gets tuned back by next week, since I'll have to wake very early. Next client is in Buona Vista - so far!!!
Went to send a friend off at the airport yesterday (ok. recap: I worked till midnight everyday of this week, except yest and today). A friend of 8 years, he's going off to France for a 6-month exchange programme. Tinking that I could make it in time for the 11+pm flight, I told him the bunch of us will go and send him off. But work was really tight yesterday as the partner was coming in for review today. Finally managed to gave the manager the slip at 10pm. Unfortunately, there wasn't any cabs downstairs. And the bus I needed just left. So I simply got a bus that came next, hoping to drop along somewhere that has either a direct bus to the airport or where more cabs were available. But this bus went to Marine Parade and East Coast etc, where I know cabs are few along the roads. Winding through the private estates, finally ending up in a familiar area of Tampines, I got off to find available cabs that refuse to stop! After much jumping around, and constant waving of hand, finally managed to flag down a cab, only to see my watch show 1050pm.
Reaching the airport was a swift then, but I was so shocked to see that EVERYONE - from friend's grandparents, to parent, to sister, to sister-in-law, to cousin, to my peers - were waiting JUST for me! Felt so guilty of letting everyone wait, particularly the elderly who should already be in bed. And within minutes, my friend was standing in front of the gates, waiting to go in. Ha, was I being to persistent in going? Maybe I should have just called or sent a message to wish him a safe journey and that should suffice. But somehow, I just felt I had to go. Maybe I was paranoid that something bad may happen (touch wood!), with all the recent unfortunate events around. Maybe I felt scared of missing this friend, considering we have a special bondage between us (probably cuz we're born on the same day, 2 hours apart). I think I felt more excited than him, when he said he was going for exchange. And the night before, I couldn't fall asleep cuz I felt excited that he was going. And all the past memories of the bunch of us came to mind. Finally fell asleep when fatigue took over, only to wake after some time into sleep to search for a gift for him. Yeap. I love giving presents and I thought of something that he MAY like. But thinking of it now, considering he's changed quite a lot over these years, maybe the gift wasn't such a good idea. But I know the send off is good la - he wants us to see him off one.
So much of the send off. Forgot to mention that my colleagues and manager actually worked till 6am while I sneaked away to the airport. Yes, 6am. And believe it or not, my manager was back at work by 9am! Is he a robot??? Are these people all going crazy??? I can swear that if next year I'm still on this client, and the manager is alike this one (or the same one), I'll tender my resignation letter.
Okay. I think I'm getting a bit sleepy. Time for bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home