What about life?

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

You're getting old

As chinese new year comes round the corner, those usual questions start again. The older generation posts their usual concerns again. When I went for driving lesson yesterday, my instructor was chatting with me. He was asking me whether going right home after lesson because I seldom take evening classes. Told him of course, since it was rare that I get to go home early. Then he commented that I should go out. If not how to find boyfriend. Things like must give guys a chance to chase me and must go socialise then can meet people. Else hide at home how. I was like duh...
Then in the night, I called up one of my teachers who I know for more than 10 years. We were chatting. It was great to lie on the bed and chat carefreely with someone. Because I could put forth my real thoughts, unlike in office, sometimes have to be diplomatic and politically right. Then the conversation went:
So how old liao?
25.
Not young anymore. When getting married?
Duh. No bf talk what marriage.
Why no bf? Hurry up get one la. I intro to you.
You are thinking too much. Besides I'm still young.
Not young anymore. Must find one la.
There are other things you can think about. Not everytime this topic.
Concerned mah. I scared you too guai to go out find guy.
Guys are troublesome.
Aiya. Must find someone who's about 10 years older.
Too old!
Not too old. Just good. Mature enough for you.
???
The similarity between the teacher and instructor? Both are in their forties. So people of this age are extra concerned about their students not getting hitched eh?
I can forsee touching on the topic during chinese new year visits. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home