Communication
It can be a joy to be blogging in the middle of the night, with the music and air-con on. Reminds me of uni days when I stayed up late. Despite being very tired, there's a certain calmness in the quiet night. You get to think through things without interruptions and being able to express your thoughts somehow makes it satisfying.
Recalling it, the first blog entry I posted was Sep 20, 2003. That's like 4 years ago. Started it when I was very bored in hall and at that point, very down. So began blogging as a form of killing boredom and expressing my thoughts. To think I gone through 2 blogs and this is the 3rd one. Probably will be blogging a lot more in the coming weeks or so.
With the technology age, human communication actually has reduced instead of increased. I recall the in primary school, there was nothing like pager or handphone. When friends meet, it was always pre-agreed on. People do not turn up late for fear the other party will disappear. Friends call each other on the house phone to chat. In the teenage years, pager was a common item. When you need to chat, you page your friend and she returns your call. Or you leave voice messages to tell people the time to meet. Then there was the arrival of the handphone. With that, people turn up late. Sometimes, meetings are cancelled with just an sms. Then came those free sms with your phone plans. Everything, including work itself, hinges heavily on sms. I myself is a victim. I sms my bosses to tell them about my mc, or sms my team to tell them what work to do. Where's the face-to-face communication? I recall those times when I enjoyed chatting with my pals over the phone. Friends called for me to counsel them and solve their problems. Or those that called just for fun. Nevertheless it was enjoyable. Now it'll be sms sessions which make things very ambiguous. It has come to a point when I don't even dare to pick up my house phone to call friends up. Because nowadays, when people receive your calls, it's as though it must be about something. No longer do people (very few still do) call just for fun and laughter. Or is it just me, who has turned into a hermit ever since I started work?
Suddenly I feel really sleepy and brain-dead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home