Passion for dance?
Went to work on Sat and saw this girl in ballet leotard on the bus. Probably just finished her ballet class and on her way home. Reminds me of myself when i was 5, dressed in the same attire. Was so keen on being a ballerina or some dancer. They looked so graceful and it seemed so fun. But I didn't even attend 3 lessons when my mother pulled me out of the class. It sometimes hurt that family finances were not too good. A few years later, I had the chance to join professional dance class. This time, it was more of Chinese dance. Again, family finances did not allow me to pursue the opportunity. Another 4 years later or so, I did join a local dance group. But being in one of those study-hard-but-not-much-play schools, I didn't get to continue with dancing. Went into music instead, but that's another story. So close to 7 years later, when I was in uni, I was made to choose between music and dance. Being cut away from dance for so long, and considering at that point of time, I was still in the peak form for music, I pursued dance. How was I to know that after another 2 years of active involvement that I would stop dancing? Should have stayed in music after all. Now am like totally out of both industries. Anyway my point was that the girl made me want to dance. Saw free dance class but it's sometime this week and I'm so tied at work this week. Things just never work out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home