What about life?

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Relieved

Met up with XY/KQ/BQ today. Despite it meant rushing through my breakfast and that my weekend gets burnt, it was worth it. I do feel so much better after the outing. First there was the usual: people turning up late (er hem). Then the restaurant we wanted to go to was having a private function. The second choice did not even exist anymore! But turn left turn right and somehow something pops up :) Not too good not too bad, just okay. Then XY wanted to watch movie, and I wanted some funny show, so we watched 'Dan's real life'. It's great really. Or perhaps it suited my mood sufficiently. Never had I laughed so hysterically during a movie. I was basically crazy. Of course there were those sad moments too. But I think the show sufficiently allowed me to relieve the tension accumulated over the past weeks. Those late nights at work, coupled with the stress of managing the team and bosses, plus those emotional down times, all those added up to a tensed up person. Even my colleague who was nice enough to give me a shoulder massage because she saw that I was totally fatigued said my hard shoulders indicated my high stress level. Ha. Can you believe that I was even contemplating to go for a massage session if my friends were booking one next week? Me?! The type who will never splurge on such? That's how tired I was. Too bad they scrapped the idea of going for the massage session. Anyway I was saying that the show really allowed me to laugh out loud and that helped a lot. Not to mention that the company I had was such long-time friends that I need not care about looking bad. Now I really do feel better.
And after the show, I went for retail therapy! I feel guilty about this but shopping does uplift my mood. And yes, I did swipe more than a hundred. For 4 bottoms! Not too much hor... i hope not... anyway it's done. BQ should be thankful his gf doesn't shop like me. Else his pocket will have big hole! Then again, I always spent using my own money.
Am trying to fill my time with work and events and gatherings so that I don't think too unnecessarily. Help me through ya. If you haven't been meeting up with me, it's time to do so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home