What about life?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's 2008!

Let me first backtrack to Christmas time. I was working late on Christmas eve despite that it was a half day. Not that it really mattered to me because I don't celebrate Christmas. It really was just another weekday for me and so I left with my colleague before midnight to get ourselves out of the area before the crowds start going home. There were several people on the streets awaiting for Christmas.
Last night, on New Year's eve, I was again working late. My colleague, a different one this time, and me were deciding whether to leave before midnight or after. Much as we had work to do, and it didn't really matter to us that it was new year, we were both tired. So we gave up the initial idea of staying into dawn. We thought that was interesting and I was a bit excited about it. But we were way too tired. So my first touch of New Year was in the cab. My colleague got off just before midnight and I think her first moment of the new year was in the lift :P So this 2008, I got some stock-buying tips from the taxi driver, who's apparently knowledgeable and well-read. Too bad the stocks he recommended were on my company's cannot-buy list. Imagine spending your new year in a cab. Ha.
Resolutions for the year. Hmm.. Have not really thought about it. But more of to make better use of my time. These first 3 months of the year I'll be more free for social life, so it's time to meet up with all those pals who I've been neglecting for the past few months. It's also time to do some major house cleaning. Then hurry up with my driving lessons and get my licence. Get some good books from Borders or Kino. Workwise, regardless of working much harder, to learn more and hopefully get a secondment. Maybe learn the zither. Lesser anime watching. Lesser slacking. Lesser getting involved in politicking and others' businesses. That's more than enough.
In the short run, to tidy my room. Meet up with Sam and Ling. And catch Nanking. Anyone interested?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home