This entry has been long overdue. At least for a week. It was supposed to relate to last weekend though I can’t exactly recall what it was about.
I did go to the IT show which spans across 3 levels this time. Though I walked around for quite some time, I ended up buying nothing. I felt safer with brother buying all those gadgets. So I simply picked up all those pamphlets for him. Hee.. there were quite a few good buys though, particularly digital cameras.
I plucked my wisdom tooth. The last one. Does this mean I no longer possess wisdom? This time it was really painful. Bled for at least 4 hours or so. Because of that, I had no lunch and had to wait till dinner time to eat. My goodness. I could understand the feelings of those poor children who had nothing to eat for days and suddenly when food is in front of them, gobbling down is certain.
Now what was I doing this weekend? Got this new pencil-cum-pens which is extremely useful to people in my industry. Other than having four coloured pens, there was a mechanical pencil. 5 functions all in one! It was a little on the high end though. The actual price was $7.15! But it’s a rare thing and really convenient for bringing around. I got 4 of them! Not for myself but to give close pals. Imagine spending over $20 for stationery…
Discovered that Metro was having sale at expo over the weekend only on Sat. And being so me, I was there to get some cheap buys. I would say there was not that much to buy this time round, but I bought 4 working shirts! To think I could find my size, I bought almost every piece I picked up! I must constantly remind myself to leave shirt purchases for sales like such. It’s really not worth paying over $40 for a G2000 top when I can get better fitting shirts at $10. What I wanted to blog about was about the people who I see there. Being to several Metro/John Little sales, I realized that majority of the shoppers are Malays. It gives me the idea that Malays are better at saving than Chinese. From what I know, Malay families seldom go shopping, unlike Chinese families. They focus more on bonding. For instance, they go picnicking at East Coast Park. You hardly find the modern Chinese family doing that. And when sales like Metro occur, they are there to pick up the necessary items. I heard of families that can survive solely on the breadwinner’s mere $1000+ salary each month, even though there may be like 3 kids. I’m impressed indeed. Now to mention about savings, I just spent another $70 or so. After hanging up the clothes, I think I need a new wardrobe! How to curb temptation leh… I realized I’ve turned to shopping as a form of stress relief. Does this turn me into a shopaholic? When I’m really in a bad mood, I think going shopping and spending it did make me feel better. Sigh. A higher salary isn’t that good sometimes.
My colleague had a quarrel with her boyfriend. Apparently, she suspects that the guy is two-timing and it seemed correct. He uses msn for the other gal and got discovered. She then starts to check on his messages. How typical of couples eh? I recall that did happened once in my last relationship. Talk about trust. Many people do not trust those around them. Why is it that difficult to place trust in people? Has our society turned so materialistic that what people say and do should be treated with some doubt always? Many times it is due to miscommunication or the lack of it. How true it is. With technology so advanced, people have resorted to emails and messages. Phone calls turn rare and snail mails basically don’t exist anymore. People no longer talk face to face but instead use real-time messengers. Interaction with people have gotten so techno. That also explains the trend that people go to hypermarts instead of the usual wet markets. The vendors at the wet markets usually ask a lot of questions and talk about their families etc (anything) simply, which is something that may mean too much interaction for the younger generation. They prefer going to hypermarts to shop on their own, with no one questioning their choices and someone pushing certain products to them. But seriously I do prefer the human interaction.
I visted Bedok a few days back. It was the same old neighbourhood, same old shops, same old library, except that things were newer and more modern. I'm actually surprised that many of the shops have remained all these years. But the sense of familiarity with the place surpasses the unfamiliar-looking buildings. I wish my childhood did not end.

1 Comments:
At 10:37 PM ,
ana said...
I agree abt G2000, hee. I don't think their material is that great, yet it's so ex! Thank God I dun need to wear really really formal office wear =P.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home