Happened to pass by Bedok today. Though I did not enter the central area but merely was at the MRT station, there was the familiarity with the place. Those were the care-free days as a kid, with no worries and troubles. The days when things were so simple. It could be the frequent visits at the library, shopping around at the shops, food at the hawker center or the rare times into the cinemas. 10 years in the neighbourhood is long indeed. Everything was great. Families, neighbours, school mates, friends, strangers. People seemed so nice and friendly. But I guess when you grow older, you realise that was a facade. The harsh reality sets in. Things and people may not exactly be what they seem. Nevertheless, I think the friendships built during those childhood days are strong, and may even be stronger than those built in later days. Is it the fact that everyone believed in their friends back then, when relationships were not complicated and trust was overwhelming? Or the fact that the friendships have been around for so long, with little to break it up since everyone met only once in a blue moon? Or that the many years make people think hard about 'dumping' the friend?
Suddenly I'm glad I'm still on good terms with my then best friend. Thanks Adigal, for all these years :)

1 Comments:
At 9:27 PM ,
ana said...
Heyhey, thanks for that last note in your entry! Was reading it and was thinking that I really identify with what you wrote so that last note was extra special!
I think that it's a marvel that we're not just in touch, but that we can still click with each other =). Hope our friendship remains throughout the years ahead, yeah? =)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home