I saw a girl from my alma mater. You would consider her my grarnd-grand-grand-(not sure how many)-junior. Though dressed in the same white uniform, she had long hair and don a pair of sport shoes. Yes, the school rules have changed since my time where hair length not longer than 3cm below the earlobe and plain white shoes only.She was holding a Charles & Keith paper bag. I guess the kids nowadays have higher spending power compared to my times. My first pair of shoes purchased at C&K was during my undergraduate days, prior to my internship. Talk about age gap. Then the next thing was she unzipped the zip at the side of her skirt. Oops. Not to worry, she wasn’t taking off her skirt. It’s just that they made some alteration to the original design. Where the pocket lies, there’s now a zip so that stuff in your pocket would not drop out. I recall that was quite a problem for us back then, where people keep dropping their wallets as the pocket was way too small and had no zip. Something right that they did about the uniform. She took out her wallet which was just a plain purse, and then a handphone. Now now, last time I used to sport only a pager, and that was illegal in school. How times have changed! Am I old or am I old?
On my way home, I went to the community library. I have not entered one for ages until recently when I’m on more sick leave and have some time for reading J I ended up borrowing only 2 books. When I was younger, I used to borrow as much as the card allows. Sometimes I would even borrow my mother’s card to have more books for reading. But now, 2 is more than enough. I used to wonder why the elderly borrow so few and how they are not fully utilizing their card’s value. Now I’m alike more them. I am getting old!
There was an article on the papers today, describing how Singapore is not green. The air-conditioners are adjusted to an extremely low temperature, making many don their sweaters and jackets. It’s as though Singaporeans wanted to be living in a bizarre cold environment when the original aim of the air-conditioners was to lower the hot temperature in Singapore slightly and to a less humid level so that people perspire less, or not at all. How true it is. The offices are always so cold. Today, there was heavy rain, and coupled with the cold office environment, I’m feeling sick. I can safely assume that Mother Earth was falling sick too. Not to mention the many killing of trees with high wastage of paper, high levels of carbon emissions and high fuel usage. Why can’t humans be a little more kind to the environment they are living in? I know many have the mentality that me myself not wasting paper is going to have minimal impact as many others are still wasting paper. But that should not be the way! Why can’t these people be thinking ‘if I do a little, and so does everyone, that’s equivalent to a lot!’ Do they ever realize that if Mother Earth was to die, so would they? Then comes in another perception that they will die before that day arrives. Well, what if there is such a thing as rebirth? Won’t they be the ones suffering later, as a result of their current ignorance? If everyone is just a little more kind to everyone and everything thing, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.
On my way home, I went to the community library. I have not entered one for ages until recently when I’m on more sick leave and have some time for reading J I ended up borrowing only 2 books. When I was younger, I used to borrow as much as the card allows. Sometimes I would even borrow my mother’s card to have more books for reading. But now, 2 is more than enough. I used to wonder why the elderly borrow so few and how they are not fully utilizing their card’s value. Now I’m alike more them. I am getting old!
There was an article on the papers today, describing how Singapore is not green. The air-conditioners are adjusted to an extremely low temperature, making many don their sweaters and jackets. It’s as though Singaporeans wanted to be living in a bizarre cold environment when the original aim of the air-conditioners was to lower the hot temperature in Singapore slightly and to a less humid level so that people perspire less, or not at all. How true it is. The offices are always so cold. Today, there was heavy rain, and coupled with the cold office environment, I’m feeling sick. I can safely assume that Mother Earth was falling sick too. Not to mention the many killing of trees with high wastage of paper, high levels of carbon emissions and high fuel usage. Why can’t humans be a little more kind to the environment they are living in? I know many have the mentality that me myself not wasting paper is going to have minimal impact as many others are still wasting paper. But that should not be the way! Why can’t these people be thinking ‘if I do a little, and so does everyone, that’s equivalent to a lot!’ Do they ever realize that if Mother Earth was to die, so would they? Then comes in another perception that they will die before that day arrives. Well, what if there is such a thing as rebirth? Won’t they be the ones suffering later, as a result of their current ignorance? If everyone is just a little more kind to everyone and everything thing, the world will be a much nicer place to live in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home