Original Sins
Yes, the famous vegetarian mediterranean restaurant in Holland V. I finally had a chance to dine in this restaurant which I've heard about for years. It was a typical western restaurant with the candle light and dim lights. The menu had no $ signs on it (ie you don't know how much it cost you to order whatever). But because it was a close pal's birthday, and the two of them had been great company during my hostel years, I decided it was no harm treating them some expensive meal. Not to say that I always do that. So the whole bill for 3 sums up to slightly over $100. Would you say that is expensive or not? We did away with starters and salads, tucking into main course and mocktail. The main dish was quite nice actually, though I think I still prefer Asian dishes. The mocktail was nice, though I prefer the drink I had at Marina (see below). Can't remember what was the dish I ordered, some chim Italian/French name. The mocktail was something filled with strawberries and raspberries. The interesting part was the coat of sugar at the rim of the glass. Fren's Virgin Mary drink was quite horrible to me, but she liked it. She said it was exactly like a virgin 'spicy and hot and sweet and sour'. All mixed in. After the dinner, and a long refuge period in the restaurant due to the rain, we proceeded to Orchard which had late night shopping. Somehow, everytime I'm out with these two, I ended up being the one spending. They bought nothing while I had 2 tops. If not for my heavy notebook, and that I was tired, we would probably have gone on and on, and for me, spend more and more. But the tops were really nice! :)
Had dinner with Rockie a week back at Marina. It was a Japanese restaurant fused with Western style. I wasn't exactly hungry so merely got a Mushroom Tempura. The tempura soy sauce was VERY NICE! Been searching in supermarkets for similar stuff but yet to find. The drink I ordered was something filled with lemon and don't know what. Can't exactly remember. But it was VERY VERY VERY NICE! It cost quite a bit though. $8.90 for just a drink. I guess when your pay isn't too bad anymore, you start to spend more lavishly. So it's actually quite stupid - earning more but spending even more.
Still in the anime mood. Finished Bleach and Death Note, up to the latest episodes. Starting on Kenshin soon if there's no Bleach update. Is it that I'm childish or what, but I simply LOVE Jap anime! Death Note was even better than Bleach. I'm so sad that L is going to die.......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home