updates
Haven/t exactly been blogging much recently. One reason is we used up the number of hours entitled for the month, but more because I don’t exactly have something to blog about. There’s all the news, and incidents, and thoughts, but somehow I never gotten to writing them down and they got removed from memory. And I haven’t been reading all of your blogs, I admit. The lucky (or unlucky) ones that got my read are usually those listed top as links on this page. I go by sequential order mah.
Recent events that I recall include going to the annual National Library Sale. We went early in the morning and reached the Expo hall by 1030am. The sale was supposed to start at 930am. But there was still such a long queue formed outside the hall. The sale was at hall 4 but the queue extended all the way, in the scorching sun with no aircon, to the hall that was nearest to the mrt station. And I thought I was early enough! It was a mad rush for books inside, with so many people and so little books. Not to mention there was so little walking space, particularly with the inconsiderate people sitting on the floor blocking human traffic. Frankly, I was quite disgusted by some people’s behaviour:
1. There were those who sit on the floor, but right in the paths that people were using. Come on, surely you can sit by the sides, close to the walls where people won’t kick you?
2. There were those who stood at the racks READING the books. If you don’t mind, I need to search for some book I like. Not to forget, you’re not exactly invisible or that thin.
3. Then there were those who took a lot of books, only to discard them before they make their purchase. That’s fine, really, except that they left the books lying on the ground where they were initially seated, or that they throw the books at the side tables. Where has the ‘take good care of books’ attitude gone to?
4. more interesting was these 2 ladies kept asking the guy seated beside me (I only sat down for less than half hour, in case you start pointing your finger at me being one of those ‘road-blockers’) whether he wants the books he’s taken. Hey, he saw something he thought was nice, and is looking through them to see whether he wants them. Does he have to report to you whether he is buying them when he is not showing any sign of going off yet?
I’m just plain sick of the inconsiderate behavior of some people. If not for the fact that they were selling books which I really like at such low price, I would never have gone. Believe it or not, but we got 80 books! More than enough knowledge power for the coming year J
I got my first birthday present for the year. Thanks to Joy! I really like the top, though I half wondered whether I’ll wear it. Had people asking me what I want as gifts. Am in need a nice handphone pouch. Would like a bag to replace my grey sling bag. Would need to get a pair of open-toe heels (heck the dress code about close-toe shoes). On second thoughts, maybe I should get a proper pair of ‘minimal pain’ closed-toe shoes. But I guess such stuff I’ll prefer to get them myself because many times people get me bags that I never end up using. Wants will be a good massage chair, or the osim eye massager. But either is too expensive. Anyway my biggest present probably going to be in cash, since I told my colleagues that money will suffice as present. I didn’t want them to waste money like they did last year, when they got me a Precious Moments music box. Ya, I like Precious Moments because the eyes of the figurines make you go ‘awww’. And I liked the idea of music box. But the one they got was so expensive and was not worth the money. I feel bad to say this but I didn’t like the music and the box basically is in my ‘showcase of gifts’. My music box idea was to be able to turn it on everytime I’m down, so song is important. Then again, must still appreciate their efforts. I appreciate everyone’s efforts k.. And in case the above has not managed to hint that a present is not necessary, and if you insist on one, cash will be good, it’ll be deeply appreciated if you don’t get anything from categories of: accessories, make-up, jewellery because I don’t wear them. Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home