What about life?

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Stupid acts?

I forgot to mention that while I was in Boat Quay area the other day, I saw bunches and bunches of youngsters. Yes you guessed it. They were undergraduates-to-be who were having their orientation camp. Although I went for 3 orientation camps during my undergraduate days, I did not realize how irritating it could be to passers-by when we hollered our cheers and did stupid things in public places. There was team that I saw which half the team on 1 side of heavy-traffic Orchard Road, attempting to act out those win-lose-or-draw questions, while half the team on the other side was trying to guess the answer. It didn’t exactly look very nice and in fact, made me think that these undergraduates were really kids. It looked childish and stupid to do such stuff. Yet if I recall back myself in those days, it were these orientation days that really allowed me to know more of  those people attending the camps and doing those stupid stuff. Not that I remembered much of what happened or that I’m still in touch with many of them. Just that the orientation camp really broke the ice between strangers and the fearful me. So what then? Maybe I should simply suggest to the school authorities to continue with these camps but ban those stupid acts?

 

1 Comments:

  • At 5:06 PM , Blogger kaatchi said...

    well they are kids.. they are 19 yr olds, some are not even 19 yet, only 18++..
    then, in terms of the yr of birth, you will realise they are born in 1987 for this yr freshies. And in a few yrs time, which u will find tt it's soon, u will have pple born in 199x as freshies..
    Kids...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home