Sentimental
Sometimes I really can’t believe that I’m that emotional. The past year has seen me make several decisions which would have been a total different choice if I was in my logical sane mind. Not that I’m regretting them or what. It’s just that sometimes you’re so tied between choices that it didn’t exactly seem a choice anymore. There were those decisions which I can be confident of giving that logical answer but which I did not. There were those times where I followed my heart. Would you say that I’m turning to be a more emotional person?
As I was more free these days, I attempted to look through my wardrobes, in deciding whether to unpack all my stuff then repack those that I want, in between throwing away the useless stuff. I realized how much junk (as some will call it) I had in my cupboards and boxes. There were those few shelves that were neatly placed with the latest gifts that I had received from friends (ie past 3 years), arranged as though it was a showcase when I think I don’t even open the cupboard door more than once a week (not to mention look at the stuff really – that will be once a few months). There were those A4 boxes that had much bits and pieces stuffed in them. I practically didn’t throw away most of the things that had sentimental value. Ticket stubs, ornaments, mini gifts, orientation stuff, promotional gifts from those council-wannabes, soft toys, dried roses, letters, cards, photos, more letters, more gifts, etc. You name it. And it ranges from primary school up to recent days. I think these stuff took up most of my cupboard space! In fact, if you’re one of those who gave me something that could be kept for memory sake, it’s probably in one of those boxes or be more honoured, the ‘showcase’. Don’t believe me? Just ask me and I can find it, take a shot of it, and MMS to you. That is, if your gift has no expiry life (like flowers that cannot be kept dried), or it had practical use and I’ve used it (either till it’s finished or it’s spoilt), or more unluckily for you, I gave it to my sis for her practical use (I’m sorry then but what’s given to me is mine right? =P) I’m really wondering if I should spend my next few days emptying those boxes and going through all those stuff, but risk shedding tears for the memories. Life is just so sad because people come and go. Many times you wish they will stay, but somehow, they all go one after another. Or is it just me who’s putting too much emotion in the friendships when I should know perfectly well that separation is inevitable? I’m just so dumb!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home