RANDOM REFLECTIONS
- Looks do matter. Rather, impressions. I see how some colleagues look to certain colleague because he dresses well and is very gentlemanly. They name him Mr Nice Guy. In reality, he’s sort of a Mr Jekyell in day and Mr Hyde at night. But I think such facts do not matter to most people, as they are too concerned over surface impressions. And the way people uses connections to get things their way irks me.
- I discovered I’m not really who I thought I was. I’m not such a nice gal after all. Self-centredness seems to take the hang of me recently. Should I blame it on pressures from the competitive working environment, or on the many selfish people around, or more matter-of-factly, myself? I think I need to spend more time reflecting everyday.
- Human nature seems more and more complex to me these days. You know, sometimes there’s this want in you to do certain things. However, at the same time, you know it’s not exactly right or good to do things this particular way. Excluding straight-cut issues of must-not-dos like killing, it’s sometimes rather difficult to come to a decision. Particularly when your basis do not reach acknowledgement by most people. How then do you reach a conclusion? Based on all those psychological tests that the schools used to make me take, I’m a rational person. That is, do things by rationality and logically. Yet, many tell me I should do things the way I feel like doing, the way I want, because it’s my life. Of course, I know the right way is to draw a balance between the two. But when you are seemingly lost mentally, it feels kind of tough to decide what to pick: rational or feeling.
I think I need to brush up on a few things asap: patience, less complaints (much less), sarcasm and criticism. Help me out will you all pls? Thanks in advance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home