Chingay
Still in the midst of chinese new year, though I hardly have that feeling anymore. Anyway, was at the Chingay preview last night. The typical Singaporean stuff that occured:
1. Lots of people waiting along the roadsides, trying to get a position for best view
2. A super long queue formed at the spectator stand, while those with tix (I supposed they have) wait to get their FREE goodie bags
3. People pushing each other as they squeezed through the crowds. Thankfully my toes were not stepped on.
4. One of the most typical: the show started late, close to an hour late!
5. Another typical of Singaporean spectators. They don't really clap, nor cheer, nor do much to make the performers feel appreciated. And this has an inducing effect on fellow spectators, ending up with a whole crowd that don't seem to appreciate the performances. Sometimes I just feel it's so hard putting up performances in Sg. Recalled the times in uni when was in hall dance. If not for the cheers and encouragement from fellow hallmates, think my team would have not gotten into the Impressario finals, nor would we have enjoyed performing for the hall every now and then. The cheers are enough to put a smile across your face and make you enjoy performing for the crowds. Maybe that's one thing I miss about dance.
By the way, I think I loved the Japanese performance best at Chingay. Energetic and can see that they really enjoyed themselves while performing. The Koreans not too bad either. And there seems to be this bunch of Chinese kids.
Anyway, think watching in front of TV is definitely better, unless you have a tix and can be in the stands.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home