Snippets here and there
I went to the PC show. I actually took half a day off to go, believe it or not. Hoping to get a ipod shuffle or creative zenstone, I ended up buying those Cheena mp3 player. My rationale was that I can buy 2 of these with the price of 1 zenstone. And it has the design which I wanted ie clip-on. BUT to my horror, I could not connect it to my notebook 2 days later. Stupid me. I should have tested it immediately that day, but I simply left it aside till Sunday. So my Sunday I had to go down to Suntec (again!) just to exchange the player. And guess what, when I'm back, it's still the same :( I swear never to buy Cheena brand again!
And of course, there was the usual shopping sideline. I realised as you earn more, you spend more. You look at quality more, and branding as well. Yes, all those talk in office about having to look your status. Sigh. Now I can understand my partners. Even though they do earn a lot, yet they are expected to spend a lot as well. The cars, the bags, the clothes, the restaurants. It's all the impression that the client is supposed to get. That day I went for a high level meeting whereby I was the smallest fry. Yeap. That concept boiled down totally. So perhaps earning not that much and working in a industrial park where people generally dress down will help.
Then of course. It's all the weddings and ROM these days. It should be known to most that I'm not exactly excited about weddings and in fact, sometimes I find it a chore. It's as though the couple spends on that lavish dinner, and then the guests pay back with the hong bao, when finally it's the hotel that benefits. But I know everyone is going to disagree with me. I'm supposed to feel happy for the wedded couple. Oh well. Call me weird. With the more weddings I attend, the more I'm invited. Should have just stuck on never going in the first place, except for those really close ones.
I've thought of what I want to get this June sale :)
And of course, there was the usual shopping sideline. I realised as you earn more, you spend more. You look at quality more, and branding as well. Yes, all those talk in office about having to look your status. Sigh. Now I can understand my partners. Even though they do earn a lot, yet they are expected to spend a lot as well. The cars, the bags, the clothes, the restaurants. It's all the impression that the client is supposed to get. That day I went for a high level meeting whereby I was the smallest fry. Yeap. That concept boiled down totally. So perhaps earning not that much and working in a industrial park where people generally dress down will help.
Then of course. It's all the weddings and ROM these days. It should be known to most that I'm not exactly excited about weddings and in fact, sometimes I find it a chore. It's as though the couple spends on that lavish dinner, and then the guests pay back with the hong bao, when finally it's the hotel that benefits. But I know everyone is going to disagree with me. I'm supposed to feel happy for the wedded couple. Oh well. Call me weird. With the more weddings I attend, the more I'm invited. Should have just stuck on never going in the first place, except for those really close ones.
I've thought of what I want to get this June sale :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home