What about life?

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Recent meet ups

Trying to meet up with various friends in these few weeks.
Had lunch with PS a few days back. To think she has a 5-month old kid already! And from her, know about some other peers who turned mummies or gotten married. Are we getting old or not. The conversation basically touched on topics of who got hitched, kids, in-laws. Sound very 'auntie' topic when we were way younger. Recall as kids, we used to wonder why the aunties never stop gossiping about in-laws etc. Now I'm actually in such a conversation. Talk about being in the shoes.
Then there was dinner with JK. One of the few attached guys who I will go out for dinner with alone. Very rarely can guys be alike him, made clear to their other halves that there was nothing wrong with having dinner with someone of the opposite gender. He's still as corny as ever, and having last met more than 16 months ago, we did enjoy much laughter. Let's say he's skilled at humour, and that's so important in a friend. Of course there were occasions that he asked some questions which bring up the past that I don't really want to refresh, or that he kept sniggering at my new-found "religion" (he calls accounting my new religion because I'm such a workaholic). But overall it was aa good meal with a long-time friend.
Now to schedule some meet-ups for next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home