What about life?

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Isolation?

I've finally gotten the letters tidied up. Yes, it took me way too long. For a few weeks, my room was in such a mess that there was barely space for walk. That resulted in me getting my right foot hurt. But as usual, I skipped the consultation at the doc. Left foot seems still injured from the sprain before HK trip. Oh well. Too much sidetrack. I finally gotten the room tidied up and of cuz, that includes the box of letters. I got a bit sian of going through them and so simply read a few that looked interesting. I realised how true it is that friends come and go. There were those who confided so much that it seemed we would have been lifelong friends. But, as life would have it, I don't even have their contacts now. Humans are just so unpredictable.

Thankfully I didn't have to look through the letters my ex-bf wrote to me. They were kept in a separate box in an inaccessible corner of the cupboard. Perhaps you could say that I just want to lock those memories away. An easier way would be to get rid of those letters, yet I feel so uncomfortable doing it. Too emotional I guess. Every single letter that he wrote (or in any case, anyone wrote to me), I kept. Every single present I received. No wonder my room's all filled! I guess I'm hoping to keep them and read these 20 years down the road. Just for the nolstagic feel. Luckily there's only one ex. Not too much of stuff. Then again, if there were a dozen, I probably would have gotten too used to the feel and everything would have been down the rubbish chute.

Just find life can sometimes be too demanding, especially when it comes to dealing human relationships. Would isolation be a far easier way out?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home