What about life?

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Last weekend

Went across the causeway on Sat with pals Sam and Ling. It was generally a smooth trip over, other than the hiccup when I didn't fill in the visa. Had checked with them whether I need to fill in the card, but they said no. Apparently I had to (cuz I'm a Singaporean and they M'ysians), not that I'm blaming them though.
 
The first idea I got when I got onto foreign land was that the place has an atmosphere similar to Chinatown or Little India. For once, I see why M'ysians felt Singapore was a cleaner place (though I think it's not, compared to NZ). There weren't many people ard (unlike Orchard). Is it cuz there was a drizzle?
 
We went to exchange $$$ then to City Square for lunch, as it was raining. Had baked rice at RM9.90, which is equivalent to S$4+. Sam calls it 'eat restaruant food for coffee-shop price'. Supposedly, we planned to watch Harry Potter but the tix were sold out. Sad that couldn't get to watch cheap show (RM10), we went back to the theatres, contemplating to watch any other show. Settled on Chicken Little which was to start in 10min time. Got in, but we couldn't get into the theatre as the previous show has not ended. Waited and waited and finallly it was vacant. Sat in the comfy seats (best seats in theatre somemore) and ate popcorn while awaiting the start of the show. Before it even started, we got called out of the seats, saying we were in the wrong ones. Well, it turned out the tix were for 230am, not 230pm like the counter lady said. We reasoned with the personnel, and Sam insisted they let us watch the show or refund. Being reasonable people (rather unlike most Singaporeans), they allowed us finally to watch the next screening of Harry Potter (yippee!). I can bet the Singaporean counterparts would not have allowed that. So Harry Potter it is we watched. And it's quite a good show (if you haven't read the book, or like me have forgotten most of the details). By the time the show ended, it was 8pm and it's time to go home. Not a bad trip, though I spent like RM50 or 60. Oh ya, I bought a nice top at S$6 only!
 
All right. Enough of blogging. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home