What about life?

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Night festival

Went for the night festival last weekend and yesterday. Even though the events control was not very well done, it's definitely worth commending on the efforts the national museum went through to attract the crowds. Last weekend, I was there with colleague and her mum for the opening ceremony. If you have been looking at the papers, you probably would have some slight idea of those graceful ladies flying in the air. Yeap. It was a wonder to watch. We reached there early (before the start time of 9pm). However, the crowds were already there. Lots of people lined the roads and it was some work before we found a good spot. We waited and waited (standing). At 915pm, the show still hasn't start. Apparently there were those who kept getting on the roads (which was prohibited as the performers needed the entire space on the roads), as well as those who stood at the traffic junctions causing traffic jams (as people did not allow them to stand within the stipulated space). Thus because of the immature and selfish audience, the whole show was delayed for around half an hour (my poor legs!). Finally it started. I should have brought my digicam but I forgot. Got some photos on my camera phone though (post in the next entry). The graceful dancers make me miss dance :( Then there was the fire and water dance, which we gave a miss after standing on the other side of the road for 15 minutes. There was some light installation going on, and the music was great, but we didn't see anything interesting enough to make us stay in the drizzle. I was so tired from the standing before that and so home it was.
Yesterday, I went with XX to catch the outdoor movie screening of Hairspray. I watched half of that show before but was interested in the idea of open air movie. Much as I was tired and lazy, I went ahead despite the heavy rain during the day. There was a slight drizzle during the show, but that did not deter anyone from having a good time. It was quite a nice experience and I highly recommend it to people who like a free movie in an outdoor setting. Thereafter, there was this 100-person percussion group. If it was in some western country and I was with my favourite girlfriends, I probably would have been moving with the group dancing. But of course, that didn't happen. I was the stand-in-one-corner audience. As entrance to the museum was free, we went in and the statue of David in batik greeted us. That's a really tall statue. XX saw the real david statue and said this was really not good as compared to the real one whereby you can see the veins in the body. Oh well. Probably another 10 years or so before I get to travel to see the real one. We visited the photo exhibitions, weddings, street snacks etc. A nostalgic feeling thinking back of the last time I've been to the museum (when I was less than 10 I think). It's been a great improvement since then. Think the museum doing really well. If only entrance fees were lower. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself and think you guys should visit the museum someday when you can. Particularly for those couples out there, a visit to the small garden rooftop in the evening would be a romantic evening :)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:33 AM , Blogger Rockie said...

    Shh... y u tell ppl abt the garden??? hahhah well maybe having fun with me used up all ur energy for ur saturday outing? dun think too much k... ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home