NDP
It's the 25th year that I've gone through NDP. In fact, all these years I've been in Singapore in August. When young, I never fail to watch the live telecast on TV, but of course as years gone by, I didn't watch it anymore. It boils down to no TV I guess. So this year that I finally have broadband, I watched the online telecast. The streaming was good compared to a few years back when I was watching in my hostel room.
As the show is closing on its end now as I type, the usual closing event was the fireworks. I can hear the booms from my room here at home, but of course I could not see anything. Maybe I should have gone to office and perhaps see some fireworks from there. Oh well. There's always the new year's to watch, which I'm quite I will be in my client place.
Anyway, as they play the old national day songs, somehow they struck a chord in my heart. I feel the older songs were always great to hear, and I know every single word from Stand up Singapore to We are Singapore. I never remembered any song since they had the song Home. Sung by Kit Chan, that was the last national day song I ever learnt and remembered. All those after were just too not nice.
And I'm really impressed with using Chinese Orchestra and Symphony Orchestra this year. It feels unique and different. Great effort.
Despite all the nice fireworks and lightings and new stuffs, one thing that struck me was the messiness in the displays. I think the displays are no longer as neat and clean as before. Then again, these people have worked hard on it as free labour, so kudos.
That's the national day. Now for some work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home