Pitiful sight
I saw an elderly man by the roadside this morning. He was squatting down, very close to the kerb. I felt so scared that he will accidentally get knocked by the vehicles for traffic was very heavy. On a closer look, he was one of the road sweepers. Squatting down, admist the scorching morning sun, he was actually plucking out the weeds which had grew from the cracks in the pavement. I was stunned. Never did I realise that there were people, particularly not the elderly, picking out those weeds in the ground. And under such hot sun. I pitied them. Pitied that they had to do such work. Pitied that they are already so old yet have to do such difficult work. Pitied that we younger generation are so pampered that we will never do such work. Pitied that our gahmen does not take care of the people the way they should.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home