People change when they get attached, I realize. As friends come and go (and their other halfs as well), and me always being the one who they come to when they break up, it hit me how fragile inter-personal relationships can be. As much as you think someone is your closest pal or THE ONE, things will change and the ties severed or drift apart. Many have spoken to me on how happy they are that they are attached and all those sweet stuff they receive. Suddenly everything in life seems to mean nothing except for that one person, and their lives evolve around the person. You see how much time and effort they commit, and you start to feel happy for them that they are happy. But many times these same people come back to me and curse that great partner, and you know that’s the breaking point. So far, I’ve never really seen a happy couple. Even those who get married are unhappy. They either quarrel over money or kids or parents. There’s always something to argue about. Frankly speaking, sometimes I get so tired of these storylines that I’m always expected to remember that I wish I was never confided in initially. What makes it more frustrating is they always ask your views about their problems and that you suggest some solutions. And when you thought it through, and give the answer which you think is suitable, they either disagree or do as you say (only to come back later saying you gave a wrong solution and everything becomes ‘your fault’). This makes me wary of suggesting solutions nowadays seriously. It doesn’t exactly feel good when people blame you for their lost happiness, particularly if they were the ones who asked you to suggest in the first place!
Back to where I was. People change when they get attached. Superficiality probably turns conspicuous. Their minds are filled with nothing and nobody else. Their only meaning in life is filled by a person. Mostly, they turn into someone quite different, and that can be rather hard to deal with at times.
Another thing. Weddings are a waste of money! The banquets and receptions and door gifts and blah blah blah. Just because it’s once in a lifetime doesn’t mean you have to go around being emptied of your pockets. Only knew this when accompanying colleague to search for wedding stuff. Totally expensive!!!
Lots of complaints about work, as usual, but forget it. Enough of it during work itself so shall keep it out after work now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home