Change?
I felt a bit troubled when I was sending sms out this afternoon. It was one of those mass-forward messages. Probably I was very free this weekend, compared to the previous many many weekends, and being the supposed-to-be-highly-sociable me, there should be people asking me out and my schedule will be filled. But it wasn't such in recent weeks. I guess when people age, they keep to going out with only the same few people. Three years back, I was going out with different people each weekend, I think, ranging from primary school mates to jc mates to uni mates to hall mates and friends from activities. Back to my point. So there I was scrolling through my whole phone book wondering who to forward the message to. I was troubled by the fact that I can scroll over ten names without clicking 'send' once. Either I haven't been in touch with the friend, or that we were merely acquaintances to begin with, or we had some misunderstanding and haven't been talking ever since. So what's the point of having so many numbers on my phonebook? I may well as delete all those not in touch eh? And of those who got the 'sent' from me, 70% of them are guys. I start to wonder I have been too close to guy friends. It always seems to be that I 'clicked' better with the guys and several of them are actually close friends who often confided in me. Should I be so close to them considering some of them already are attached? And what about those who previously had crush on me? Would my keeping in touch with them mislead them? What about those who were very close but have drifted apart over time? Is it too late to try 're-establish' the close relationship? But even if re-established, I have to go through the above questions eh? How close should platonic friends go to? That it does not incur the wrath of their 'other one' nor mislead them into thinking there's something more to the platonic friendship. Sometimes I do wish that I was never the one to confide in for these guy friends. Not that I hate hearing their problems but the good listening ear I proved to be sometimes turn things haywire. In fact, 90% of the ambiguous relationships I had started from listening to them. So does that mean I should pay less attention to guys who come to me with their problems? Of course, this does not apply to ALL the guy friends, just in case people like Lightfellow stops confiding in me. Maybe I should be like most gals and learn to mix around with the gals then guys. Perhaps it's high time that I change myself eh?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home