What about life?

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Late-comings

I hate people being late. Late as in very late ie more than half an hour. In particular, late without reasonable reasons upsets me. Ya, I know I’m a late type of person myself, but I’m not that late usually, and I have valid reasons most of the time. More importantly, I make attempts not to be late, and if I really was, I’m apologetic and will try to turn up asap.

It seems to be a trend of being late going around in this society of ours. From the wedding dinners to gatherings, it’s rare to find people being punctual. That was why when my primary school mates met up a week ago, I was surprised that one friend turned up on the dot and thought everyone had left for another restaurant. The guy who wanted the outing turned up half an hour late. And this is not uncommon with my other friends. Maybe because I’ve been organizing many outings, I figured that a half-hour buffer period must be given.

I view time preciously. Maybe that’s the underlying reason why I hate it when people turned up late (again, as in very late). Much as I advocate a laid-back life, or keeps complaining about the Singapore society being too fast-paced, my own timetable is usually fully packed everyday. If you’re wondering what I do with my time, here’s some: meeting up with friends (lots of them. Don’t believe go check my friendster account. Ha ha), family, listening to depressed friends (and this takes quite some time usually, not that I mind it though), LOTS of household chores. Anyway, the point is I have a bad habit of thinking what I could have done when people are late. Got into this habit cuz I usually have to put down stuff I need to do to meet up with people. For good friends, I make it a point to give up what I’m doing to meet up, but I guess such is not the case for everyone. So sometimes I do find myself a bit over-emotional eh. Holding on so hard to a friendship, only to realize that the other party does not treasure it that much.

Argh. Let bygones be bygones. What has happened had happened.

Anyway, here’s my latest resolutions:

1.      kick the habit of being late (since I dislike it, I can’t be doing it)

2.      complain lesser (realize it’s ‘lesser’, not ‘none’)

3.      take better care of my eyes (it’s going close to 500 deg liao!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home